Evaluation allows us to learn from our experiences about what has worked well and what has failed. It gives us the reasons for our successes and failures. Evaluation is an important and necessary task in programme management. However, it is often a complex and challenging task. In Interreg programmes, evaluation is a legal requirement; however, we should mainly treat it as an opportunity for learning about the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of our programme. Traditionally, it is regarded as the final phase of the programme management cycle, but is this really correct? No!
We should use evaluation as a management tool throughout the entire programming period. In this course you will learn how to prepare and carry out evaluations during the programming period. You will have the chance to increase your knowledge and learn from best practices of other Interreg programmes and evaluation experts. In addition, you will discover many practical tips and examples that will hopefully answer your questions about evaluation in Interreg.
This course is for
- Interreg programme staff working with evaluations
- Interreg project staff who want to find out more about evaluation in Interreg programmes
- Evaluation experts who want to learn more about evaluation in Interreg programmes
This course is not for you if
- You are looking for information on ex-ante and ex-post evaluation, because this course only covers evaluation during the programming period
- You want to learn about the Investment for growth and jobs goal programmes, because this course is about evaluation in Interreg (European Territorial Cooperation) programmes only
By the end of this course, you will
- Have a good overview of the legal requirements of evaluation in Interreg programmes
- Be aware of good practices among Interreg programmes
- Be able to design your evaluation plan and manage your impact and implementation evaluations
- Know different methods and approaches for carrying out (impact) evaluations
- Be familiar with approches used to show the added-value of Interreg programmes
- Know how to use the findings of your evaluations